Myrtle Beach and the surrounding area is home to hundreds of top-notch hotels and resorts.
Be it oceanfront accommodations, inland, quaint or the life of luxury, a family can always find the perfect vacation spot when they visit Myrtle Beach SC.
One of the nation’s most well-known newspapers, USA Today, recently released its Top 10 luxury hotels in Myrtle Beach. The list is touted as highlighting the properties for their “upscale accommodations and first-class amenities.”
Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Brad Dean echoed the sentiments, but said it’s hard to limit the list to only 10.
“These fantastic resorts are just a small sampling of the hundreds of wonderful accommodations the Myrtle Beach area has to offer,” he said. “Everything from hotels and condominiums to vacation beach homes are available at affordable rates for a family on any budget.
“Our wide selection of accommodations is one of the many reasons we are a world-class beach destination.”
Here’s the USA Today list in no particular order, as the top 10 were not ranked, only listed:
North Beach Plantation
• Why it made the list: A beautiful building design and perfect place for a wedding are just a bonus. Upscale amenities like onsite dining, several pools and water features, fitness center and spa make this a beautiful oceanfront hotel.
Marina Inn at Grande Dunes
• Why it made the list: Although not an oceanfront hotel, the grandeur and attention to detail on this waterfront property at the Intracoastal Waterway is unparalleled. Upscale dining onsite and nearby, spectacular views of the golf course and more.
Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes
• Why it made the list: From fine dining onsite, exquisite pools and water features, fitness room, wedding venues, huge meeting rooms and more, this oceanfront hotel has something from the particular traveler to the vacationing family.
Litchfield Beach and Golf Resort
• Why it made the list: Gorgeous live oaks, lakes and sandy beaches make this expansive property popular. Several dining options, water features, golf and the perfect place for a beach wedding are all top notch.
Island Vista Resort
• Why it made the list: Stunning views from every room make this oceanfront resort a coveted option in Myrtle Beach. Onsite dining, water features, fitness rooms and friendly staff ensure an enjoyable family vacation.
Kingston Plantation and Resorts
• Why it made the list: Commitment to excellence in either high-rise condos or separate units, all within view of the pristine sand. Several water features, upscale dining and wedding venues add up to a perfect vacation.
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
• Why it made the list: Upscale oceanfront hotel with plenty of options for vacationing families. Indoor and outdoor water features, dining, stunning balcony views.
• Why it made the list: This upscale hotel is adjacent to the Myrtle Beach convention center, just blocks from the ocean and downtown attractions like the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk and SkyWheel.
Anderson Ocean Club and Spa
• Why it made the list: In the heart of Myrtle Beach, this upscale oceanfront hotel is withing walking distance of popular attractions, restaurants, shopping and more. Spa services, indoor/outdoor water features and dining are ready to pamper travelers.
Dunes Village Resort
• Why it made the list: Relax at the Lost At Sea spa while the kids enjoy one of the water features at this oceanfront hotel. Dining, poolside cabanas, basketball … it has it all.These are just a sampling of hundreds of accommodations offerings in the Myrtle Beach SC area. If luxury isn’t your cup of tea, try one of the other hotels, resorts, campgrounds or vacation rentals.
When you’re ready, book a room and get ready to enjoy some much-needed time with sand between your toes.