https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLJzjUZZR3UWant a quick and simple dish that will dazzle your friends?
Join Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation Chef Thomas Hiestand as he guides you step-by-step in preparing this quick and easy recipe for Petit Filets with Roasted Shallots and Red Potato Fries. Make your guests or family believe they are eating at 5-star restaurant!
Gather your ingredients and follow along with the video as Chef Thomas Hiestand guides you to an elegant starter to any meal.
Have a Myrtle Beach area recipe you would like to see? Drop us a line at GoToMyrtleBeach.com.
- 2 4 ounce beef tenderloin filets
- 4 ounces clipped spinach
- 2 medium shallots
- 4 red potatoes
- Carrot puree
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 3 ounces of olive oil
- Pre heat oil in sautee pan to 375
- Julianne potatoes and fry till golden brown set aside after seasoning with salt
- Coat filets in black pepper and salt evenly sautee till desired doneness set aside
- Slice shallotts and add to hot oil stiring til caramelized
- Add spinach to wilt quickly remove and season with salt
- Plate with spinach in the center filets on top side by side topped with shallots and potatoes behind. Spread a tsp of carrot puree in front.
For Carrott Puree
- 1/2 lb carrots (3 medium), halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- Simmer carrots, garlic, broth, and salt in a 1- to 2-quart heavy saucepan, covered, until carrots are very tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Purée mixture with cream and butter in a food processor until smooth.
Want to see Chef Thomas make your favorite dish or visit a Myrtle Beach area restaurant to see how they make a signature dish? Drop him a line here.http://www.myrtlebeachlife.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2064/12/Chef-Thomas-Hiestand-300×289.jpg
Chef Thomas is the executive chef at Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation, which includes Vintage 12 and the Coastal Grill. He is a certified Executive Chef with American Culinary Federation and twice published author. Originally from Chicago, he also has 10 years experience as an educator at the collegiate level and is a nine-time recipient of the Triple A Four Diamond Award.