- The events begin with Move-In Day on Friday, Aug. 18, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., when freshmen and transfer students will move into their residence halls with the help of the ChantiCREW, a group of more than 700 faculty, staff and student volunteers who wear teal T-shirts and facilitate the move-in process.
- In addition to Move-In Day on Friday, other events are held throughout the day, including the Family Reception at 4 p.m. at the HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center and the Union Spadoni Park Takeover, with laser tag, games, disco and more. Returning students move in Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Events on Saturday begin at 10 a.m. with a Beach Bash at Crown Reef Resort in Myrtle Beach, a mountain bike ride on the trails of the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge, and a movie night featuring “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” at the Lib Jackson Student Union Theater. Tickets for the movie are $2, and free popcorn will be provided.
- On Sunday, students will attend the New Student Convocation in the HTC Center at 1:30 p.m. Other events on Sunday include the Big Read Discussion groups (2:45 p.m.), and a new student cookout on Tradition Lawn.
- During the weekend, a mandatory, recurring interactive theatrical performance session called “Haven Live” will be held for each residential community on campus. Topics addressed in this performance include sex, alcohol, assault, bystander intervention, victim blaming and support.
Thanks for checking out our new site! We’ve changed a ton of stuff, and we’d love to know what you think.Email feedback
Four Myrtle Beach-area benefits that include beards, boy scouts and brew
Outdoor living, arts and crafts and drag boat racing set for the Grand Strand this weekend
‘Rose-Colored Glasses’ have kept focus for John Conlee
Chase Rice is ready and set to roll into the Myrtle Beach House of Blues this spring
Let's make this friendship official.
Step out for ‘Romeo & Juliet … Almost,’ ‘Dance Jamboree’
‘Art in Common,’ new museum exhibits to open, make autumn festive