- This family-friendly event will not only feature great food, but kid’s games, local artists & vendors and live music. Click here for more information.
A new year has begun, which means another great year for events in Myrtle Beach SC!
You will want to mark you calendar now and make plans to visit the Grand Strand!
Here are just a few of the highlights for the first six months of 2016.
- This eleven day event celebrates South Carolina cuisine. During Restaurant Week, participating restaurants will offer special menus, promotions and discounts. So, it’s a great time to check out that restaurant you have never been to or return to a favorite. For a list of participating restaurants, click here.
Grand Strand Boat & Sportsman Expo
- This show at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center will feature boat and water sport dealers, sporting goods, fishing tackle, sporting exhibitors and much more!
Taste of the MarshWalk
January 30 & 31
Myrtle Beach Marathon Weekend
- The weekend not only includes the marathon, but a 5K, family fun run, half-marathon, post parties and a runner’s expo.
National Shag Dance Championships
- The 33rd National Shag Dance Championships will be held at the Spanish Galleon at the OD Beach & Golf Resort in North Myrtle Beach. Dancers ranging from ages 8 to 85 will compete. The competitions are open to the public. For more information, click here.
St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Festival
- This annual parade and festival attracts about 30,000 visitors each year. The festival includes three stages of entertainment, a children’s area, vendors and of course, food. Plus, don’t miss the leprechaun contest. Both the parade and festival are free, as well as parking. For more information, click here.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Opening Day
- Opening day for Myrtle Beach Pelicans is April 7. The Pelicans are the Class A Advanced affiliate farm team of the Chicago Cubs, playing their home games at TicketReturn.com Field (Pelicans Ballpark).
Rivertown Music & Craft Beer Festival
This annual festival will feature jazz, art, food, a car show and craft beer. The festival will offer a selection of more than 80 beers from around the world. For more information, click here.Bike Week Spring Rally
During the Spring Rally, Harley Davidson riders from all over the country will gather for a week of poker runs, live music and more. A majority of the action for the spring rally will take place in Murrells Inlet. However, bikers will find activities all along the Grand Strand.
Black Bike Week
The annual Atlantic Beach Bikefest takes place over Memorial Day weekend. Just like the Harley rally, events for this sport bike-filled celebration are spread across the Grand Strand, however a large concentration of the traffic will be focused on the Atlantic Beach area, where the U.S.’s largest African-American bike rally was founded in 1980.Blue Crab Festival
The 35th annual Blue Crab Festival will host lots of food, fun, arts, crafts and more! The festival takes place along the Little River waterfront and host a kids’ area with tons of games and things to do. For more information, click here.Military Appreciation Days Parade
The Military Appreciation Days parade has moved back to Memorial Day weekend and has a new location! The parade will be held on Farrow Parkway in The Market Common and Grand Park beginning at 10:30 a.m. After the parade enjoy the Big Family Picnic, exhibits and music by the Andrew Thielen Band.Native Sons Salt Games
June 4 & 5
The Salt Games will be held on the old Pavilion site on Ocean Blvd between 8th and 9th Ave N. feature pro/am surf competitions, Crossfit challenges, beach volleyball, lifeguard games, hot dog eating contest and much more. The games are open to spectators and free to attend.Carolina Country Music Fest
After a successful inaugural concert in 2015 with nearly 20,000 people attending, CCMF will return to the heart of Myrtle Beach for a second year with even bigger names. The headliners are Tim McGraw, Keith Urban and Georgia Florida Line.