Get ready for a great weekend in the heart of Myrtle Beach SC June 3-5!
First off, the Sun Fun Festival is making a comeback! The festival was the annual kick-off to t summer for 60 years. However, the festival was canceled in 2012.
Visitors and locals are both happy to see this annual tradition resurface in Myrtle Beach.
The festival will feature free shag lessons (the South Carolina state dance, if you didn’t know.), kids games, a parade, live music and much more.
For a full schedule of Sun Fun events, click here.
The Native Son Salt Games will be held on June 4th and 5th between 8th and 9th Avenues North on Ocean Boulevard.
This two day event showcases local athletes in 15 different competitions, live music, food, beer and much more.
Also on Saturday, enjoy the lifeguard games, kids run, beach volleyball and more.
On Sunday, the day begins again with yoga and a surf off. Also watch the CrossFit Up Dog Summer Challenge, beach volleyball and the Peaches Corner Hot Dog Eating Contest.
Of course, you don’t have to be just a spectator. You can register to join in on the games. For more details and to register, click here.
Video of 2015 Native Sons Salt Games
SUN FUN EVENT DETAILS
- June 3-5
- Downtown Myrtle Beach at Plyler Park (next to the Skywheel), the beach and the Boardwalk
- Friday, June 3 – 6:45 p.m. – Kick-off with the crowning of Sun Fun King & King and live music.
- Saturday, June 4 – 10 a.m.- 10 p.m. – Parade, concert, shag contest, live music, fireworks and more.
- Sunday, June 5 – Noon-6 p.m. – Live music, shag lessons, beach bingo , kids events and much more.
NATIVE SONS SALT GAMES EVENT DETAILS
- June 4 & 5
- Ocean Boulevard between 8th and 9th Avenues North
- Saturday, June 4 – 8 a.m.- 7 p.m. – Yoga, volleyball, surfing and more.
- Sunday, June 5 – 8 a.m.-5 p.m. – Yoga, volleyball, surfing, hot dog eating contest, Crossfit and more.