Spend your Labor Day weekend in Myrtle Beach SC!
From the beach to the water parks, to festivals to concerts, the Grand Strand is the place to be to end your summer.
- Beach, Boogie & BBQ – Sample some of the south’s best barbecue! On September 4 and 5 teams will be competing for cash prizes and the title of barbecue champion of South Carolina. In addition to the great barbecue, enjoy music, vendors, a car show and kids activities. The festival is Friday from 6 p.m.-10 p.m. Saturday from noon-10 p.m. at the Horry-Georgetown Technical College (950 Crabtree Lane, near Grand Park at The Market Common). Admission is free. For more details click here.
- Coastal Uncorked Food and Wine Festival – Enjoy the food, brews and wine of the Grand Strand along with live entertainment September 4-6 at Broadway at the Beach. This festival kicks off Friday at 5 p.m. with Chocolate Under the Moon. It’s your chance to sample amazing desserts. Then on Saturday from 4-8 p.m. sample craft brews from across the country at Brews ‘N the Beach. Then on Sunday from 1 p.m.-6 p.m. sample wines. For more details click here.
- The Boardwalk Marketplace Arts and Crafts Show – Shop for arts and crafts while enjoying an ocean view. The festival will be at Plyler Park (next to the SkyWheel) Saturday, September 5 from Noon-7 p.m.
End summer with a bang! Here’s a look at the area fireworks.
- Saturday, September 5 at 10 p.m. – Broadway at the Beach
- Saturday, September 5 at 10:15 p.m. – Barefoot Landing
You have several opportunities to enjoy live music in addition to the music at Beach, Boogie & BBQ and Coastal Uncorked.
- Saturday, September 5 – Noon-5 p.m. – La Belle Amie Labor Day Music & Cookout – The winery invites you to kick back and relax at this annual festival. Admission is $3, but you can get in free if you bring 2 canned/dry food items for the area food bank.
- Saturday, September 5 – 7 p.m.-9 p.m. – Stars of Nashville: Clare Bowen & Charles Esten – “Scarlet” and “Deacon” from the ABC hit show “Nashville” will perform songs from the show along with a few of the their own at the Alabama Theater. Click here for details.
- Sunday, September 6 – 2 p.m.-6 p.m. – Surfside Sunday Serenades – Spend Sunday enjoying live music at Surfside’s Fuller Park. Click here for more details.
- Sunday, September 6 – 8 p.m.-10 p.m. – Hot Summer Nights Sunday Celebration – The Christian band Relinquish will perform at this free concert on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. The concert will be at Plyler Park, next to the SkyWheel.
Spend your Labor Day at one of Myrtle Beach’s water parks.
- Myrtle Waves – To end the season, Myrtle Waves is hosting a Labor Day Last Day Blast. The event is on Monday, September 7 from Noon-2 p.m. The party will include music, games and character appearances. Click here for details.
- Wild Water & Wheels – Visit this 16-acre water park in Surfside Beach. Click here for details. The last day for the park is September 7. The park will be open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Splashes Oceanfront Water Park – This is Myrtle Beach’s only oceanfront water park. The water park is par of Family Kingdom, so you can enjoy both parks with a combo ticket. Click here for details.
WHERE TO STAY
There are plenty of places to stay along the Grand Strand. From campgrounds to resorts, there is something for everyone.