You are on vacation and probably eating a lot of meals at the many great restaurants in Myrtle Beach. However, your kids may not have the same chose in restaurants that you do. Or, you may be concerned that the restaurant you want to try is not kid-friendly.
We are here to help with these dilemmas. We have compiled a list of the restaurants that we feel are the best for kids along the Grand Strand. There are many establishments that are kid-friendly, these just happen to be a few that our staff thinks your kids will enjoy.
Dave & Buster’s
1322 Celebrity Cir, Myrtle Beach – (843) 945-3500
Dave & Buster’s at Broadway at the Beach opened in June 2017 to rave reviews. Some say a bit pricey, but Dave & Buster’s has packaged food and game deals (and half off Wednesdays as of this posting) that help make this more of a viable option for families.
* Why it made the list: Dave & Buster’s is such a fine fit for Myrtle Beach, with the area’s long history with arcades and family fun. Toss in delicious food and a spacious location, and Dave & Buster’s needs to be considered by every family visiting the Grand Strand who is looking for family fun.
UCP Game Zone
959 Lake Arrowhead Rd, Myrtle Beach – (843) 449-1160
Ultimate California Pizza on Restaurant Row in Myrtle Beach serves a bevy of pizzas, salads, sandwiches and more. It has a huge arcade for family fun.
• Why it made the list: Combine entertainment and mealtime at UCP Game Zone. Kids will love playing all the games that UCP has to offer. UCP also offers games that will reward your kids with tickets that can be redeemed for prizes. Save money by taking advantage of the eat and play combos.
Joe’s Crab Shack
1219 Celebrity Cir, Myrtle Beach – (843) 626-4490
Joe’s Crab Shack has shrimp, clams, oysters, steam pots and more at its waterfront location at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach.
• Why it made the list: Your family will love the fun, laid-back atmosphere of Joe’s Crab Shack. As the kids wait for the meal, they will love to play on the playground outside. In fact, you may have trouble getting them to leave once you have finished your meal. You can also find a Joe’s Crab Shack at Barefoot Landing.
Mellow Mushroom – Myrtle Beach
1571 21st Ave N, Myrtle Beach – (843) 444-1122
Top off a day with your choice of pizza, calzones, or salads, washed down with one of over 45 varieties of draft beer at Mellow Mushroom in Myrtle Beach
• Why it made the list: Your family will love sharing a pizza at Mellow Mushroom. The decor is fun and the atmosphere is laid-back. They also offer a kids menu if you don’t plan to share your pizza with the kids. There is a second location in North Myrtle Beach.
1216 Celebrity Cir, Myrtle Beach – (843) 448-8575
Travel to the 1950s with your family when you dine at Johnny Rockets at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach. Waterfront dining. Burgers, fries, shakes.
• Why it made the list: Take your family back to the 1950s at Johnny Rockets. Kids will love the burgers and shakes. Don’t worry about the kids being bored. The staff will keep everyone entertained with their dancing. In addition to the location at Broadway at the Beach, you can find a Johnny Rockets at Barefoot Landing.
Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries
4635 Factory Stores Blvd B210 – (843) 236-0085
Travel back to a place in time where food was simple, fun and tasty at Hwy 55 Burgers, Shakes & Fries in Myrtle Beach.
• Why it made the list: A day of shopping at the Tanger Outlets on Hwy 501 can work up an appetite. Treat the kids to burgers and shakes at Hwy 55. Kids will love the 50s style diner. Hwy 55 has three other locations along the Grand Strand.
900 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach – (843) 448-7424
Peaches Corner has hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, shakes, breakfast and more in Myrtle Beach near the Boardwalk. Affordable. Family friendly. Ice cream.
• Why it made the list: Before or after a walk on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk or a day on the beach, Peaches Corner is a great place for the entire family. Peaches Corner offers affordable meals and has a kids menu. Kids will find favorites such as hot dogs, corn dogs, hamburgers and chicken fingers.
Wild Wing Cafe
4706 Hwy 17 S – (843) 361-9464
Test your heat tolerance or just enjoy American food favorites at Wild Wing Café at Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach. 33 flavors of wings.
• Why it made the list: Wild Wing Cafe in Barefoot Landing offers a “Wild Child” menu. The kids meals are just $4.49 and includes items such as chicken fingers, fried shrimp, corn dogs and cheeseburgers.
Hard Rock Cafe
1318 Celebrity Cir, Myrtle Beach – (843) 946-0007
The famous rock and roll restaurant dropped the pyramid tower in 2016 and opened a new spot not far from the original at Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach, still offering a unique fun and food atmosphere.
• Why it made the list: As your family is enjoying all that Broadway at the Beach has to offer, your kids will love to stop for lunch or dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. As you wait for your meal, walk around and check out all the music memorabilia throughout the restaurant.
River City Cafe – Surfside Beach
11 N Seaside Dr, Surfside Beach – (843) 232-9797
Have your favorite burger, salad or sandwich on the oceanfront at River City Cafe in Surfside Beach. Try the OMG Burger, sandwiched with 2 grilled cheeses.
• Why it made the list: River City Cafe is a Best of the Beach winner in The Sun News annual contest and was named by USA Today as “one of the best places in the nation to feed the kids.” There are seven locations along the Grand Strand, all of which are great for kids!Again, there are a wealth of places to enjoy a family meal along the Grand Strand, all so good they’re sure to satisfy.