Special events on CCU campus include art, speaker
- Opening of “The Beauty of Letters,” with wooden works by Scott Mann, a professor of graphic design, inspired by his research at Hamilton Wood Type & Printing Museum in Two Rivers, Wis., with exhibit continuing through Oct. 6, in Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery, in Edwards College building. Gallery open 9 a.m.-5 . Mondays-Fridays, also with opening reception, 4:30-6:30 p.m. ThursdaySept. 14. Details at 843-349-6454 (call to arrange up-close parking for anyone with a disability or mobility matter) or .
- Mary Matalin, a political analyst, author, and former adviser to former Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, and former Vice President Dick Cheney, giving keynote address, “Populism, Polemics and Polarization in 21st-Century Politics,” for CCU’s Constitution Day celebration, 5 p.m. in Wheelwright Auditorium. 843-349-2352, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Laugh away storm worries with comic headliners
- At Comedy Cabana, 9588 N. Kings Highway, between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach: DC Benny, 8 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, Sept. 12-14, and 7:30 and 9:30 . ept. 15-16, each $15 or $17.50. 843-449-4242 or .
- At Carolina Comedy Club, at Broadway at the Beach’s The Avenue (formerly Celebrity Square), off 29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, each $15: Dean , 8:30 . Wednesday-Friday, Sept. 13-15, and 7 and 9:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 16; and Jamie Morgan, 8:30 . Sundays through Sept. 24. 843-839-2565 or
- Carolina Improv Company, at Uptown Theater, by Bass Pro Shops in Myrtle Beach Mall, at U.S. 17 an S.C. 22, near Briarcliffe Acres, all 7:30 .: “Menage-A-Prov,” for adults, on Friday, Sept. 15, and “Whose Beach Night Is It Anyway?” show for ages 13 and older, 7:30 p.m. SaturdaySept. 16. Each $13.75 advance at , or $15 at door. 843-272-4242.
Grand Strandstep into two open houses
The Grand StrandSquare Dance Club will have open houses for anyone interested in modern Western square dancing. Details at 843 235-2041 or 843 215-0379.
Details: 6-7 . Thursdays through Sept. 21 at Grand Strand Senior Center, 1268 21st Ave. N., Myrtle Beach. Free; casual dress.
Final week to ‘Feast’ on pair of museum exhibits
This is the final week to see the exhibits “Feast Your Eyes: Celebrating the Food of the South,” with paintings and sculpture, and “Feast Local: Brant Barrett Photography,” both through Sept. 17. Details at 843-238-2510 or .
Details: At Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon P. Chapin Art Museum, 3100 S. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach – open 10 .-4 p.m. Tuesdays-Saturdays and 1-4 p.m. Sundays. Free.