Get ready for the Beach, Boogie and BBQ Festival, a two-day celebration of delicious barbecue, live entertainment, family fun and a whole lot more.
The festival, in its ninth year and relocating to a new venue, will be on Aug. 29 and 30, Friday and Saturday of Labor Day weekend, at the Horry-Georgetown Technical College Conference Center on the Grand Strand Campus near Grand Park at The Market Common, a popular tourist attraction in Myrtle Beach SC with shopping, dining, entertainment, nightlife and more.
The main stage for entertainment will be at the corner of Emmens Avenue and Crabtree Lane, which will be surrounded by other events, arts and crafts and more.
Registered cooking teams will be competing for a chance to win $13,000 in cash prizes during Saturday’s barbecue competition, and locals and those who visit Myrtle Beach will reap the rewards with tasty plates throughout the day for an affordable price.
The event is entirely free for the whole family, and sure to be a memorable event for those closing out the summer along the Grand Strand. There will be games, a car club cruise in on Sunday, competitions for young and old and much more.
Along with the food and fun, The Shriner’s Hospital for Children in Greenville SC will be hand from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday and noon to 5 p.m. Saturday to discuss free medical treatment for children and the hospital’s mission. Physicians will be on site Saturday.
Festival highlights include:
- BURGERS AND BREWS, 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 29. Myrtle Beach SC area restaurants will be bringing their best burger recipes for a chance to claim the Best Beach, Boogie & BBQ Burger. Burgers will be sold to the public and a people’s champion will be chosen.
- WING COMPETITION AND TASTING, 6 to 8 p.m., Aug. 29. Lots of teams participating with wing sales to the public.
- ‘ANYTHING BUT’ COMPETITION, 6 to 8 p.m., Aug. 29. Competition for BBQ contestants.
- SHRINERS HOSPITAL BOOTH, 6 to 8 p.m., Aug. 29, noon to 5 p.m. Aug. 30. Staff on hand to discuss free medical treatment for children.
- LIVE ENTERTAINMENT, 6 to 10 p.m., Aug. 29; noon to 10:30 p.m. Aug. 30. Dance the night away to some of your favorite music with your favorite music. Bring chairs and blankets, but no coolers allowed.
- BEER AND WINE GARDEN, 6 to 10 p.m., Aug. 29; noon to 10 p.m., Aug. 30. Choose from more than 15 beers and wines.
- CORN HOLE COMPETITION, noon to 5 p.m., Aug. 30. It’s $40 to register a team of two beginning at 11 a.m. There will be $625 in cash prizes for the first three teams to place.
- KANSAS CITY BARBECUE SOCIETY (4 meat categories), noon to 2 p.m., Aug. 30. BBQ cook teams will be competing for more than $11,000 in cash prizes and lots of bragging rights.
- MYRTLE BEACH CAR CLUB CRUISE IN, noon to 4 p.m., Aug. 30. Load-in begins at 10 a.m. For more information, contact Cecil Chandler at (843) 251-3849.
- KIDS Q COMPETITION, 2 to 3 p.m., Aug. 30. Kids between 8 and 11 cook in the hamburger category, while ages 12-15 in the chicken thigh category. cost is $65 to register, with only 10 spots available. Meat included, a small grill and a small bag of charcoal.
- CHECK PRESENTATIONS, 5 p.m., Aug. 30. The Grand Champion and other prizes will be awarded.
- FIREWORKS, 9:30 p.m., Aug. 30. Free for everyone.