A vacation to Myrtle Beach SC doesn’t have to break the bank!
In addition to our beautiful beaches, there are several things to do along the Grand Strand that won’t cost you a cent!
From free concerts to museums, to outdoor movies to fireworks, you will found something for everyone!
- Ocean Boulevard’s Hot Summer Nights – You can enjoy free entertainment every night from June-August on the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk. The entertainment series features free concerts, a kids carnival and fireworks. For more information, click here.
- Franklin G. Burroughs-Simeon B. Chapin Art Museum – This art museum on the south end of Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach offers exhibits and interactive programming for all ages. The exhibits change frequently, so there is always something new to see! The best part, admission is always free! The museum is open Tuesdays-Sundays.
- Broadway at the Beach – This is a must-do in Myrtle Beach. The entertainment complex offers free entertainment and events throughout the year. In the summer months, guests enjoy the Summer Nights series, which includes free concerts, kids activities and fireworks. The complex also offers firework shows throughout the year. For a full list of events, click here.
- The South Carolina Hall of Fame – Learn about South Carolina residents both past and current who have represented and made outstanding contributions to South Carolina. The hall is inside the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. For more information, click here.
- The Market Common – This area offers more than just shopping and dining. The Market Common is home to Grand Park. This is a great place to take a walk, enjoy a picnic or let the kids play on the playground. The Market Common offers free outdoor movies on Friday nights during the summer. The area also hosts festivals and concerts throughout the year and other free events. Click here for upcoming events.
- Murrells Inlet MarshWalk – Take a walk along the MarshWalk and enjoy the beauty and the wildlife in the area. If you are taking an evening walk, you are sure to enjoy music coming from one of the many restaurants located along the MarshWalk. The area hosts several special events throughout the year. For a list of events,click here.
- Garden City Pier – During the summer months, enjoy nightly concerts on the pier. Sit and relax on the pier or on the beach. Click here for a listing of events.
- Surfside Sunday Serenades – The city of Surfside Beach hosts free concerts from May to September on Sundays in Fuller Park (corner of Surfside Dr and Myrtle Dr). Click here for a listing of concerts.
- Surfside Movies After Dark – On Thursdays nights from June-August, the town hosts free outdoor movies at Martin Field (corner of 6th Ave. S. & Dogwood Dr.). Click here for the latest schedule.
- Georgetown Harborwalk – Take a walk through historic downtown Georgetown while enjoying the history of the town and the beauty of the water. Click here to learn more about the area.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH
Barefoot Landing – This entertainment complex offers special events year round. In the summer months, you can take part in SummerFest! From character meetings to face painters, to acoustic performances and fireworks, you will find something for everyone at Barefoot Landing. For a current event schedule, click here.
T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station – While you are at Barefoot Landing, be sure to check out this free exhibit. In the evenings from March-October, visitors can see tigers from the Myrtle Beach Safari, a 50-acre preserve.
Music on Main Concert Series – Enjoy a free concert in the heart of North Myrtle Beach. The city offers free concerts on Thursday nights from May-October. For a current event schedule, click here.
Sounds of Summer Concerts – The city also hosts concerts at the North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex (150 Citizens Circle, Little River). These concerts are held May-September. For a schedule of concerts, click here.
McLean Park – This 10 acre park is great for those who like to spend time outdoors. The park offers tennis courts, two playgrounds, a mediation garden and a two acre lake. The park also hosts free outdoor movies from June-October. For a list, click here.
- The Horry County Museum and L.W. Paul Living History Farm – The Horry County Museum is inside the 1905 Burroughs School, that was renovated in 2014. One of the renovations included a freshwater aquarium that was featured on Animal Planets reality show ‘Tanked.’ The L.W. Paul Living History Farm is a working farm that will give visitors a glimpse of life on a traditional family farm. For more information, click here.
- Conway Riverwalk – Take in the beauty of the Wacamaw River and explore the historic buildings in downtown Conway. A few other things you will discover along the way include a playground and gazebo.
- Conway Movies in the Park – The city hosts free out door movies from May-September at Riverfront Park. For the current schedule, click here.
- Holiday events – December is a great time to visit Conway. The historic city is decorated and offers free concerts, carriage rides and visits with Santa. For the current list of holiday events, click here.
- Oak Island Lighthouse – You can climb this historic lighthouse. There are two tour options. Tours to the second level are available for those 7-years-old and up with no reservation required. These tours are only offered from Memorial Day-Labor Day. For those who want to go all the way to the top, reservations are required and offered year-round. Climbers must be at least 9-years-old. Both Tours are free. If you don’t want to climb, you can just visit the grounds. For more information, click here.
- Fort Fisher – Visit this national historic landmark of the Civil War. Exhibits are available both outdoors and inside. Fort Fisher is open Memorial Day-Labor Day. It is closed on Mondays. For more information, click here.
- Southport Walking Tour – Take a self-guided walking tour of historic Southport NC. The tour includes the Old Brunswick Jail, city hall, Old Smithville Burial Grounds and River Pilots Tower. For more information, click here.
- North Carolina Maritime Museum – This museum in Southport NC will teach you about the history and maritime culture of the area. You will learn about fishing, boat building, piracy, shipwrecks, the seafood industry and more. For more information, click here.
- Calabash Concert Series – Every Thursday evening from June-August, the town hosts a free concert. The concerts are held at Calabash Community Park, 868 Persimmon Road. For more information, click here.